Old October 9th, 2012, 04:20 PM posted to rec.travel.air
bill

Default Clever Frequent Fliers Using Wheelchairs To Skip Security Lines Legally

On Tue, 09 Oct 2012 09:34:02 -0400, Fly Guy wrote:

Note how I corrected the title of this news article. The as-published
title was:

Scammers Using Wheelchairs To Skip Airport Lines Legally

Of course they aren't scammers. I applaud their actions. I might try
it myself the next time this economy recovers and the concept of
"business travel" returns.

Get a load of the name of the author of this story. FEARNOW.

I think this guy was on to something way earlier. He had the right
idea:

http://i.thestar.com/images/03/c7/da...27299ebc9.jpeg

=====================================

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2012/10/...lines-legally/

Clever Frequent Fliers Using Wheelchairs To Skip Security Lines Legally
By Benjamin Fearnow
October 8, 2012 4:38 AM

HOUSTON (CBS HOUSTON) – A wheelchair request can put you at the front of
a long airport line.

Or, at least, that’s the angle some fully-abled passengers are using to
cut through the winding queues at airport security checkpoints, the New
York Times reported. According to the 1986 Air Carrier Access Act,
airlines are required to accommodate disabled travelers — who need not
show any proof of disability — free of charge.

As my wife is disabled we need to use the wheelchair service at
airports.

You need to book in advance and, certainly in Europe, they sometimes
demand proof of entitlement.

In the Far East it is a lot less easy...