Old April 28th, 2004, 01:59 AM
Shawn Hearn

Default Any advice on where to go in New York?

In article ,
B wrote:

On 27 Apr 2004 06:30:54 -0700, (Paul0208)
wrote:

Hi

I'm looking to buy a digital camera and a rucksack while I'm in New
York. Can anyone suggest where I could go and buy them? Appreciate
any help that you can give.

I recently bought a camera at J&R electronics, which is usually
recommended highly on this newsgroup. I was happy with the purchase,
and especially with the price, but I would suggest that it isn't the
place to go if you don't know exactly what you want. In my case, I
had read a lot of reviews and knew almost exactly what I was looking
for. I didn't get any kind of suggestions or advice from the sales
staff, nor did I see anyone else getting any. The few questions I
asked were answered very specifically but with no advice. At least you
can be pretty sure that you won't be pressured to buy something. They
seem to assume that you've already decided what to buy.

I have shopped at J&R's many times. The salespersons there are
more than happy to offer assistance to those who ask for it.