Old June 29th, 2007, 06:43 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Chinese (and other) pilots unable to speak English pose danger for air travel (CNN)

Maxwell writes:

I think we can all rest assured teach the world to speak understandable
English is not a long term problem. Everything will be going to Spanish in a
few years anyway.

Very little will be going to Spanish any time soon. While many people speak
Spanish in some parts of the world, the geographic distribution is not very
even, and the countries that speak the language primarily are not that
influential. And don't forget Brazil.