Old February 2nd, 2007, 03:04 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

Default HAL Maasdam Review (back to back cruises)

(Surfer E2468) wrote:

In our inside cabin on dolphin deck on the volendam in our bathroom we
had a corner cabinet with several large shelves,to store our
things,plenty of room,we kept our meclizine,aspirin etc,on our
nightstand where we knew we could find them easily.right by our travel
clock,and flashlights.

I keep my pill keeper in the bathroom where the water is to take the
medicine. I take 8 pills a day of various kinds (blood pressure, and
arthritis medication mostly). Never unpacked the meclizine or the
candied ginger either although I had a severe vertigo attack about a
month before the cruise and I did take it for a couple of weeks then.
There was hardly room for it (the pill keeper) on the sink and the
shelf was too narrow for it. The other side of the sink was taken up
with that little plastic thing with the soap and shampoo bottles.

I've about given up on having a clock. I can't see it without my
glasses anyway. If I want to see what time it is I put on my glasses
and turn on the TV to the bow camera (with the sound muted).

Ditto with the flashlight - I can see enough to go to the bathroom
with the light under the door (to the hall), and it is enough so I can
get around without turning a light on or using a flashlight. In our
first room, the message light on the phone was broken and kept
blinking, so Bob put his hat over it - otherwise it would have driven
him crazy.

The table by the sofa had a basket of fruit on it, and the dresser had
3 or 4 wine bottles in addition to the soda and water and ice bucket -
all of which I would have liked to dispose of. I guess I could have
stowed them in the shoe basket in the closet, if I had thought of it
at the time.

But I really would have rather had a dresser with more drawers rather
than that 'dressing table'.