Old May 6th, 2004, 05:34 PM
Steve Lackey

Default Question about Journal Square Neighborhood

"Edward" wrote in message
m...
(Jeffrey E. Salzberg) wrote in message

news.com...
In article ,
says...
Hi, I am going to start my job in mid-town Manhattan and considering
living in Journal Square in Jersey City because of the lower rent.

But I have heard of some bad saying about crimes and neighborhood of
Jersey City, so I am wondering if Journal Square is part of the bad
neighborhood.

You might consider Secaucus instead. Not much farther away (15-20
minutes into Midtown, via bus), and *much* nicer.

Thanks. How about Weehawken neighborhood?

Wehawken is nice, but I've heard the bus is surprisingly slow, since
you're taking local roads into the Lincoln tunnel.