Old February 27th, 2006, 06:22 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe

Default Mum accused of trafficking daughter in airline blunder

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 16:48:57 -0000, "Miss L. Toe"
wrote:

Monday, 27th February 2006, 10:02
Category: Crime and Punishment

----
LIFE STYLE EXTRA (UK) - A horrified mum missed her own daughter's
christening and was arrested as a baby trafficker after a blunder by budget
airline Ryanair, it was claimed today.

I don't know why this is considered a blunder by Ryanair. I think it
was a blunder by the family to ask an airline ticket clerk what travel
documents they needed for an infant. As I understand the article, the
child had no documents at all and was not on either of the parents'
passport. There has been a good deal of infant trafficking in Italy
recently and the Italian police were justifiably suspicious of a
totally undocumented baby being brought into the country.

Of course, they never should have been allowed to board the plane, but
the parents bear a greater responsibility than Ryanair in this matter.

--
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it