Old September 28th, 2006, 11:23 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Ross[_1_]

Default Sunflowers and lavendar in NSW

As far as I am aware Lavender is grown commercially i.e. you will find
Lavender on farms. It is not a native plant and does not thrive here.

Likewise, sunflowers, although they will grow wild, are more a commercial
crop. They are grown extensively on the west of the Darling Downs in Qld
e.g. around Mitchell.

I have no idea where you would find them in NSW but Lavender is grown
commercially in many places and in many back yards (including ours).

Ross

"Äz¦Ì¶º" wrote in message
Thanks. This is very good. I am also interested to see large fields of
flowers, eg. lavender fields, sunflower fields, others. Got any idea?

- Alex

Geoff Lillico wrote:

This site may help

http://www.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au/mount_annan_botanic_garden

--
The Commissioner

www.the-commissioner.com

"Äz¦Ì¶º" wrote in message
I went to Bowral for the Tulips recently but I am after wild flowers.
Any
hint?

- alex

Landlord wrote:

"Äz¦Ì¶º" wrote in message
Hi all,

I live in Sydney and just wonder what is the nearest, best location
see sunflowers and lavendar in NSW?

- Alex

I found quite a few lavender locations on Google. I think that
lavendar
is