Old October 6th, 2006, 12:16 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
糯米飯

Default Sunflowers and lavendar in NSW

say, if I am after extensive "sea" of wilder flowers, what will they be? And
where are they? (prefer NSW, I live in Syd)

- Alex

Ross wrote:

As far as I am aware Lavender is grown commercially i.e. you will find
Lavender on farms. It is not a native plant and does not thrive here.

Likewise, sunflowers, although they will grow wild, are more a commercial
crop. They are grown extensively on the west of the Darling Downs in Qld
e.g. around Mitchell.

I have no idea where you would find them in NSW but Lavender is grown
commercially in many places and in many back yards (including ours).

Ross

"糯米飯" wrote in message
Thanks. This is very good. I am also interested to see large fields of
flowers, eg. lavender fields, sunflower fields, others. Got any idea?

- Alex

Geoff Lillico wrote:

This site may help

http://www.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au/mount_annan_botanic_garden

--
The Commissioner

www.the-commissioner.com

"糯米飯" wrote in message
I went to Bowral for the Tulips recently but I am after wild flowers.
Any
hint?

- alex

Landlord wrote:

"糯米飯" wrote in message
Hi all,

I live in Sydney and just wonder what is the nearest, best location
see sunflowers and lavendar in NSW?

- Alex

I found quite a few lavender locations on Google. I think that
lavendar
is

在這裡找我吧:
http://webnews.nntp.hk/interest.travel.hrt