Old July 20th, 2008, 05:29 PM posted to rec.travel.misc
travelworldvideos

Default Annual Travel Amateur Video Competition Event

Hello Mates,

I have the TWV site http://travelworldvideos.googlepages.com/home an
international travel personal videos web blog site.

I am exploring the idea of starting up an Annual Travel Amateur Video
Competition Event. I am looking for format ideas, people looking to
participate, and sponsors willing to reward, judges willing to judge.
This is supposed to develop into an annual event for regular travelers
that like to shoot cam video on their travels. I am thinking here we
could have a competition for each continent (ala “best in breed”), and
an overall champ (ala “best in show”). I need to gauge public
interest, willingness to participate/contribute, and feelings about
content.

This is supposed to be a travel event, not a journalistic event, i.e.
we like to see videos from travel sites, not stadiums full of people
there for a concert, soccer game, political event. It must be a site a
travel guide would mention to people as an interesting destination for
their vacation.

Please e-mail me at travelworldvideos @ gmail.com if you have specific
input, or are interested to participate.

Cordially,

TWV /

http://travelworldvideos.googlepages.com/home