Old April 30th, 2018, 06:05 AM posted to rec.travel.air
MacFarland

Default Paying Extra for Cheap Seats

It's been about 10 months since I last booked a flight. When did the airlines start this "cute" game of offering the lowest fare but then charing extra for seats? First I saw United doing it. I'm at the Delta site and I don't even see an option to buy a specific seat. When did this grief get instituted? It's really offensive to me. An economy seat is not any better than a basic economy seat but to get my choice without paying extra, I have to pay %50 each per person to United or Delta. (those are the only carriers I've seen that will go from ONT to DEN in a reasonable amount of time.) I'm glad that this is he last time I plan to fly any time soon.