Old February 4th, 2004, 04:01 AM
brenda

Default First time to Hawaii

Your trip sounds like fun. If I were you, I'd stay at Hilton Hawaiian
Village, which is in Discovery Bay right next to Waikiki where there is ample
night life. The Hilton is a nice one and you can take a city bus directly to
Pearl Harbor if you don't want to be lost in traffiic. There are many golf
courses on Oahu to choose from. The Party boats leave from Ala Moana
Boulevard just a short distance from Hilton Hawaiian Village, and again, you
can take any of a number of city busses there if you don't want to look for
parking. Then you can take a few days of your vacation and go to the Hilton
Waikoloa Village (which is, in my opinion, the best Hotel on that island)
where the best of the nightlife can be found on that island. You may then
rent a car and drive to Kilauea Volcano or you may take one of the helicopter
tours. For information about things to do and places to see on the island of
Oahu, you are invited to visit my Oahu webpage at:
~ http://keith.martin.home.att.net/vOahu.html - and for the Big Island of
Hawaii:
~ http://keith.martin.home.att.net/page9B.html - where you'll find no
advertising, no pop-ups, no cookies and nothing for sale. Bon voyage! KM

Not trying to be argumentative, but why do you think the Hilton
Waikaloa the best on the Big Island? Over the Orchid? Over the Four
Seasons? Over the Mauna Kea? Over the Kona Village? Sorry, we
visited friends there & were appalled by the rooms & the hugeness of
it all - not to mention the unfindable beach, the hoards of people,
the awful restaurants,... Sorry, I guess I am being argumentative -
oops!