Old April 5th, 2011, 02:29 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian[_1_]

Default I Never Thought I'd Say This, But...

On Fri, 01 Apr 2011 14:31:23 -0400, Neal Eckhardt
wrote:

On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 09:21:43 -0500, Janet Wilder
wrote:

3)Carnival is making an obscene profit from the health issues of their
guests.

4)I object to the price-gouging for a medical need.

I find it interesting that you complain about the "obscene" markup on
water when the real breath taking markups are in the drugs you buy at
the pharmacist. Excerpt from an article is below:

Did you ever wonder how much it costs a drug company for the active
ingredient in prescription medications? Some people think it must cost
a lot, since many drugs sell for more than $2.00 per tablet. We did a
search of offshore chemical synthesizers that supply the active
ingredients found in drugs approved by the FDA. As we have revealed in
past issues of Life Extension, a significant percentage of drugs sold
in the United State contain active ingredients made in other
countries. In our independent investigation of how much profit drug
companies really make, we obtained the actual price of active
ingredients used in some of the most popular drugs sold in America.

How much does it cost to bring a new drug to market including testing?