Old September 25th, 2004, 11:56 AM
SemanKilat

"Dave Baker" wrote in message
: On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 23:57:04 +0200, Alfred Molon
: wrote:
:
: All this makes me wonder if the security situation in KL has really
: deteriorated so much...?
:
: Presumably as you have a Malaysian wife you have been/lived her before so
you
: know the previous situation.
:
: I've also been here on & off (mostly on) since 1982, and I still feel safe
: doing my normal activities. I still get money from ATMs at night if
: necessary. I lock my doors when i drive, but I've always done that. I put
my
: wallet in my front pocket when I go to Petaling Street or similar places,
but
: that's about it.

Never done that before but thanks for the tip. Dopey moi.

:
: As someone else said - take the normal precautions & you'll be fine. I got
: robbed (pickpocketed) in Paris a couple of years back after only 3 hours
in
: the country! :-) I'm sure they can spot the tourists a mile away.
: I've never been robbed or even really had any problems in more than 17
years
: in Malaysia.
:
: Dave
:
: The email address used for sending these postings is not valid.
: All replies to the group please.