Old February 9th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Alec

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn writes:

No, it isn't.

It is according to the people who apply for visas every day on behalf of
students at my school. It was running around $600 last time I talked to
them. It is stopping a lot of students from going to the U.S.

For Non-Immigrant US Visa, everyone pays a processing/application fee of
$100 (or local equivalent), and issue fee is sometimes charged depending on
nationality. It depends if a country has a mutual fee waiver agreement with
US or not. You can look up countries in
http://travel.state.gov/visa/recipro...try_pick.htm#J
Most nationalities have no issue fees, but some have as much as $200 (Nepal)
for F1 Student Visa (valid up to 5 years) or $150 (valid only 1 month - Dem
Rep of Congo).

Alec