Old May 8th, 2007, 07:37 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Toller

Default How tough are Zion Hikes?

I am planning on visiting Zion in late July. Yes, I know it is horribly
hot, but that is when I will be there.
I am thinking of doing either Angel's Landing or Observation Point. I am a
little concerned about the strenuous nature of the them, but more so about
the chains. Can't say I have ever been on a trail with chains before.
Presumably no one falls off them or they wouldn't be open, but just how
dangerous and difficult are they?
Last year I did a 25' traverse across a 10" wide ledge with a 50' drop off;
I didn't much enjoy it and wouldn't want to face anything like that again.