Old May 9th, 2007, 05:28 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Toller

Default How tough are Zion Hikes?

"Todd Michel McComb" wrote in message
In article ,
Toller wrote:
Oh my God! Thanks for the link, it looks incredible; but I don't
know if I could do that.

Well, you can get near to Angel's Landing without doing anything
scary, and then decide if you want to go farther. You'll be able
to see it and talk to people who are coming back. There's a lookout
where you can stop before the "scary" part out to Angel's Landing.
If you aren't afraid of heights, it's not a big deal to go to Angel's
Landing (it's not very technical). If you are, don't go, but do
go up to the lookout.

Sadly, I am rather afraid of heights. Last year I had to have a friend go
up on my roof and fix a piece of trim cause I couldn't; very embarressing.

Is there any reason I couldn't wear a climbing harness and loop a rope over
the chain? Safely tied in I become very bold again. It looks like an
incredible hike and I would like to do it.