Old September 14th, 2003, 03:15 PM
PTRAVEL

Default Tokyo with a Very Young Child

"John W." wrote in message
Finally, on the plan
MAKE SURE you DO NOT buy a seat for your child (unless money isn't an
issue). You and your husband need to reserve an aisle and window seat;
unless the plane is just packed the middle seat probably won't be
booked, especially if you get to the airport early. We've never had an
issue, and while our child was under the required 'seat reservation' age
we flew a dozen or more times.

What horrible (and selfish) advice. Most flights run full these days. What
you propose will, almost certainly, result in some poor ******* being stuck
between you and your wife, while you shuttle your child back-and-forth to
hold on your laps. Subjecting someone to that on a short flight would be
simply rude. On a long-haul, it's entirely unacceptable.

If you insist on taking infants on airplanes, buy a seat for them and bring
an approved car seat. Your child (and everyone else) will be more
comfortable and safer. Don't assume, for a minute, that the airline will
simply make room for you because you have brought a baby along.

Good luck!

Good grief!

John W.