Old January 12th, 2013, 08:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K

Default Cruise Critic, Banned!

On 1/7/2013 9:09 PM, wrote:
On Monday, January 7, 2013 5:35:54 PM UTC-8, Charles wrote:

We can't see though what was in any removed posts.

I would contact them because it is possible you are not banned since

they did not send you a message giving a reason from the moderators. My

understanding is that they have give reasons in the past. On another

cruise site where there were a number of Cruise Critic refugees that

migrated there after they got into a spat with the moderators about off

topic posts and were banned, they posted the messages they got from the

moderators which gave reasons. That message could be in error that you

get when you try and get on the board. That kind of message is likely

being generated because of the IP address you are using. That IP

address might have been used by someone else in the past who was

banned. (IP addresses get reused by many ISP's). Any chance you are

using a proxy server or VPN?

--

Charles

About half of what I posted was removed each time (about two hundred posts total, as I seem to not have a life).

There were two topics they removed often. One had to do with the fact that I thought not have a hand-held shower was unsanitary. I am willing to do without a bidet, but the absence of a hand-held is too much. Also, it may be why Princess has more Noro virus problems.

Norovirus like any virus is spread by hand to mouth/nose/eyes or any
part of the body you touch after touching a surface where the virus is
present. The key is to wash your hands frequently. Having a hand held
shower is not going to make any difference. As for cleanliness, whatever
did people do before hand held showers? They used a washcloth and
scrubbed. Then they rinsed. If you put the towels and washcloth on the
floor when done, you will get fresh ones when the room is made up. I
believe you mentioned going camping. I have gone camping and have yet to
encounter a bidet or hand held shower. What did you do there? By your
line thought the norovirus must have run rampant throughout the camp site.

The other bone of contention was my sense of humor. I offered that giving religous tracts in lieu of cas tips was a GREAT idea. The costs can be as little as a penny a piece, but could save someone from an unattractive eternity. A win/win situation! Otherwise, just pay the tips and don't get all fancy with gift certificates or home-made fudge.

The first round of umbrage I experience there, was when I bragged I bought gifts of diamonds and gold for friends. In Alaska, the t-shirt shops have "black diamond" necklaces for a buck, and little vials of gold flakes for two. You'd have thought I had personally wrung the neck of the baby Jebus by the response I got for that. That'll teach me not to shop Diamonds International.

I think people who cruise are looking for a "safe" holiday. Those who frequent CC are looking for a safe internet experience. I guess I just rocked the boat too much for their delicate nature.

I once posted something on CC which was removed. I got a personal email
from the moderator giving me the reason why the post was removed. Are
you possibly leaving out the parts where you were given reasons why your
posts were removed, and why you were banned? Most boards including CC
will give you a reason why you were banned. They also don't do it for
frivolous reasons.