Old July 25th, 2006, 12:56 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Default Heathrow: Hotel, and Transfer to Bath

In article ,

*From:* Walt Bilofsky
*Date:* Mon, 24 Jul 2006 17:51:21 -0700

We're going to land at Heathrow Terminal 1 and need to travel to Bath.
We should get through customs around 4:30 - 5 pm on a Saturday. Should
we get non-refundable inexpensive train tickets? If our flight is
late and we miss our train, how do we deal with it?

Buy new tickets and get on the next train - you don't /have/ to get
tickets in advance. It's up to you, of course, to decide whether the cost
differential between the inexpensive, non-refundable ones and the
full-price, last-minute ones is sufficient to justify the gamble.

For the cost of two full price tickets, we could take a taxi instead.
Will traffic be a problem at that time?

Coming back, we're flying out of Terminal 3 and want to spend the
night near Heathrow. My travel agent suggests the Hilton adjacent to
Terminal 4, but I see that the tube station there is closed for
construction into September and wonder if getting to Terminal 3 might
be just as easy, if not easier, from one of the hotels outside the
airport.

There is a Jurys Inn right next to Hatton Cross Tube station, which is a
five-minute ride (if that) to the airport.