Old August 30th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Hatunen

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 23:35:57 +0200, "tim"
wrote:

"Richard" wrote in message
"tim" wrote in message

Though it's a great city, London is horribly overpriced,
so buy enough of anything you might otherwise use up
during your stay (like shaving cream, toothpaste, contact
lens solution,

I think you'll find that in most countries you go to for a
holiday these will be much more expesive than at home,
you just don't know which shops to go to and end up
buying them in a corner shop.

Easily remedied by asking a couple locals where to shop.

Yes, I know, but I was replying to the other poster's IMHO
biased view. I doubt very much that a basic tube of toothpaste
costs more in a Tesco Supermarket than it does in Carrefour,
Ahold, Real or Esselunga. But having had to make a distress
purchase of toothpaste in other countries, I can assure you that
it is always damned expensive to buy toothpase in tourist
emergency shops.

Most tourists don't know what a Tesco is.