Old December 17th, 2011, 12:24 PM posted to rec.travel.air
S Viemeister[_2_]

Default Aer Lingus ex Shannon- preclearance for US flights?

On 12/17/2011 5:56 AM, David Horne wrote:
David wrote:
John wrote:
Sorry if I wasn't clear- I know there is preclearance at Shannon, but
don't know if Aer Lingus offer it. They didn't initially when the
customs clearance was also added, and there were irate reports from
passengers wondering why the US airlines were offering it. (I think
there's a cost per passenger.) The links above aren't helpful, as they
don't make it clear which airlines offer it... and Aer LIngus only
mention it from Dublin on their website. I suppose I'll just wait and
see...
Ah, right, now I remember.
Didn't you ask this exact same question on May 15th? I pointed you at
this press release that says Aer Lingus have been using it for over a
year:
http://www.aerlingus.com/aboutus/aer...s/pressrelease
s10/title,2012,en.html
http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=172490

Indeed I remember that post, but that was an announcement about an
application- it's not the same thing as confirmation. I'm resigned to
finding out on Saturday... and will report back.

We will go through preclearance at Shannon. And they have free wifi in
the waiting area.

Good to know - I've been considering going through Ireland rather than
London, for my next cross-pond trip.