Old July 6th, 2005, 01:27 PM
B Vaughan

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 09:18:13 +0200, (Luca Logi) wrote:

DDT Filled Mormons wrote:

Barbara, how about "arrivederla"? Am I right that it's more
formal than "arrivederci" and used less frequently?

That's correct. It's rare to hear "arrivederla".

"Arrivederla" has a somewhat Tuscan sound. Almost unheard outside
Tuscany (where, often, it is pronounced as "arrivedella" and may be made
to sound either respectful or mocking).

It's also used fairly often in Le Marche (but not pronounced
"arivedella").

--
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it