Old September 25th, 2003, 11:35 PM
Peter L

Default PLS HELP: use of tickets with connection

"Juliana L Holm" wrote in message
In rec.travel.europe Binyamin Dissen wrote:
I make no such promise. Perhaps you do?

Actually, Legally you do, as when you buy a ticket you are buying a
contract of carriage, and by implication accepting the restrictions
associated with the fares. I have no doubt that people get away with
using only part of tickets, but if you do not abide by the contract of
carriage, then the airline has a legal right to refuse you boarding on
a later segment.

Sometimes I toss the tickets.

I have no problem with this. If you are denied boarding some day because
you tossed an earlier portion of a ticket, though, I would not be shocked.

I am quite sure no one can toss an earlier segment and still have later
segments honored. But I don't see any ethnical problem with tossing the
last segment of a ticket.

Julie
--
Binyamin Dissen