Old February 19th, 2013, 11:16 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Surreyman[_3_]

Default What is your favorite European megalithic? (other than Stonehenge)

On Monday, February 18, 2013 9:18:45 PM UTC, Jack Campin wrote:
What is your favorite megalithic in Europe? And why? Other than

Stonehenge, that is -- that could be an easy choice already.

Tarxien (and other sites), Malta.

Absolutely incomparable - and, I believe, the oldest.

A little way outside Europe, but Gobekli Tepe near Urfa makes

Tarxien and Stonehenge look as modern as a Wal-Mart.

Yep, was there some dozen years back. Fascinating & incredibly ancient, but I didn't find it physically imposing.