Old September 9th, 2003, 11:10 PM
GW

Default NAAFA's Airline Tips for Fat People

(Miguel Cruz) wrote:

Martin W. Smith wrote:
Miguel Cruz wrote:
Martin W. Smith wrote:
I would say that given the US demographic of fat people, the US
government ought to require the airlines to have the same percentage of
fat person seats, ie rows with one fewer seat in them, where each seat
is wider. Then a fat person could either have a fat seat or a non-fat
seat, but if he sat in a non-fat seat, he would have to prevent his body
from intruding into the other passenger's space, or take another flight.

I'm not overweight, but I'd sure like one of those seats. How would they
exclude me?

Fat come, first served. You could have one if no fat people came, but
keep in mind that for a fat person, these seats would only be as
comfortable as a normal seat would be comfortable for you.

I'm a tall person, so those seats would be as comfortable for me as normal
seats are for normal people. In fact, why wouldn't I have just as much claim
to them?

Because I said so.

miguel