Old April 11th, 2004, 10:13 PM
szozu

Default Traveling to Europe late May thru late June

"80k" wrote in message
ink.net...

we are, unfortunately, also looking for
cheaper hotels (around 2 stars). I guess at the worst case scenario, we
can stay at a higher-end hotel for a night or two. I think the best
thing for us to do is to make sure we have a large list of hotels to
call for every place we go to.

Other than tourbooks, what do you think is the best way to search for
hotels? Any particular websites?

If you go to Google and then type in something like "2 star hotels Paris" or
"budget hotels Paris" you should get a lot of websites coming up. The good
sites will include photos. You can sometimes get more hits if you translate
this into the language of the country you're going to.

For good, up-to-date travel information, searching the www.lonelyplanet.com
site under Thorn Tree will get you input from other budget travellers on all
sorts of subjects.

Lana