Old January 31st, 2005, 05:13 AM
vicki Steven

in article , Simon DOLBY at
wrote on 31/1/05 12:22 AM:

We are planning a two week trip to the South Island in September of this
year.

Time is going to be tight, and we can't decide which of the above to visit.

Bearing in mind that we are just out the clutches of winter - which sight
would be the best to visit?

It depends on what you want to do. From Mt Cook you cannot get close to the
glaciers except by skiplane. However for the photographer the views are
beautiful & the short walks to Kea Pt and the Hooker Valley offer wonderful
views.

Would we be able to get on the glacier for a guided walk?

Weather permitting
Would the weather seriously restrict what we can do (don't want to go skiing
at this stage!!)

Am I likely to win Lotto this year?? Seriously NZ forecasters can't get
tomorrow's forecast right. The snow levels will be low enough to make the
Alps look beautiful but in Spring you can often get very changeable weather.

Good luck

Vicki