Old June 7th, 2010, 12:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Default Is it common for ships to leave late?

In article , Marcia R.
wrote:

I happened to look at the bridge cam of the Sapphire Princess at 5:15
this afternoon, and it was still in port in Seattle. It was supposed to
leave at 4:00. We went out, so I don't know when it actually left, but
looking at the picture now, it does say bound for Ketchikan. Is that
common?

I would not say it was common but that it happens sometimes. Ships have
waited for late arriving flights. A couple of times fueling was delayed
on sailings I was on. One of those times the vendor brought the wrong
type oil. If the ship is delayed arriving for some reason it could have
a delayed departure.

--
Charles