Old April 22nd, 2004, 12:13 PM
Chris Blunt

Default Beware - credit card rip-off

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 11:19:35 +0100, Padraig Breathnach
wrote:

simon wrote:

I assume from your response that it's not worth bothering with
travellers cheques?

I know this is crossposted to other groups, but I think I can safely
say that the travellers' cheques question is just about the only thing
that regulars in rec.travel.europe agree on: they are not worth the
hassle. Use credit cards and ATMs for the best deals. We need now to
add the proviso that you watch which currency your CC transaction is
denominated in.

Its certainly not like that here in rec.travel asia. We've spent
terabytes of bandwidth arguing over that one.