Old May 31st, 2006, 06:41 AM posted to rec.travel.africa,soc.culture.south-africa

Default Zanzibar for Christmas

On Tue, 30 May 2006 07:14:52 +0200, "Moira de Swardt"
wrote:

"Robert Kay" wrote in message

I shall never forget the (young) barman in a motel in Musina many

years ago,
who, after taking my order for a pink G&T came back after 5

minutes
searching, with the announcement that he couldn't find a pink gin!

Only
white, meneer. Luckily the motel manager was with me, and he

'gently'
explained what a pink gin was.

The main reason I believe that story is because it's happened to me
before. In Bronkhorstspruit.

I once stopped for lunch at a cafe in Marintal, where the menu had "Rice (or
something else)"

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/7734/stevesig.htm