Old July 16th, 2019, 07:12 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Chris in Makati

Default singapore sucks, don't go there

On Tue, 16 Jul 2019 08:24:16 +0000 (UTC), hohum
wrote:

You must be on drugs? In Philippines,
things are cheap, I the choice of 4 types of cheap public transport
nearly everywhere. Hotel room even in a nice hotel is around $20/night.
Singapore is a **** town/country or whatever u want to call it. Also you
won't wind up flogged or wind up in jail for criticizing the government.

I'm not sure who is on drugs here. The Philippines has got some of the
worst value for money hotels SE Asia. I've lived in the Philippines
for over 20 years and I've never seen a "nice" hotel for $20. A
reasonable basic hotel maybe, but nothing most people would describe
as nice.

For the same money you'll get a much better quality hotel in Thailand
or Vietnam than you would in the Philippines.