Old June 30th, 2016, 05:17 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
dmg

Default Burgos to UK or Ireland on short notice

I love Rome2Rio, I really do. But I note it has several... infelicities
that cause me to be careful with its recommendations. It is possible 4
July travel is caught in between a changeover in seasonal travel times?

Check with a different resource, if you have not already, such as
http://www.seat61.com/

Who knows, you might get a more reliable answer.

Happy travels!

On 2016-06-30 15:30:44 +0000, W. Wesley Groleau said:

Did not succeed in persuading Spain to give me a two-week visa and have
to be out of Schengen on 4 July. Trying to avoid flying due to the
weight of my bag.

Getting inconsistent results from Rome2Rio, so wonder whether anyone
has knowledge (i.e. NOT guessing) about bus/train/ferry.

Best thing I have so far is buses Burgos to Rennes, train to Cherbourg,
then ferry to Dublin but the schedules are such that one missed
connection will result in a Schengen overstay.

Planes are easy, but the choices are very expensive ticket with some
baggage fees or cheap ticket with HUGE baggage fees.