Old September 5th, 2005, 09:15 PM
How B

Jerry GaMarsh wrote:
We are booked on the Diamond Princess and have been hearing some
unflattering input about the ship and especially the freestyle dining.
Anyone have any input on this?

Hi Jerry,

I've cruised twice on the Diamond in the last 12 months. Personal
Choice dining is no problem unless you are a very strict traditionalist
who must eat at the same time every night. As long as you're aware that
you should make reservations as soon as possible... they take
reservations for same day and next day dining. Reserve early, or face
the possibility of long waits during peak dining hours.

Service-as on any cruise-can vary from waiter to waiter and cruise to
cruise. "Greasing the palm" of the maitre d' in one of the P.C. dining
rooms is useful--it got us the same nice table, with a great waiter, for
every night of our cruise.

How B