Old May 4th, 2004, 01:23 AM
David E. Bath

Default [Admin] Rec.Travel.Resorts.All-Inclusive Guidelines

In article ,
"Jan" writes:
I've posted a few times to this site, but my posts took ages to appear.

Not sure the cause, but it was before I was the moderator. Shouldn't
happen now, but as it's a moderated group it will not be as fast as
a non=moderated group since it has to go thru the moderator.

I believe people asking questions like to get answers quickly, maybe
they've got accommadation on hold and just have a
small query that could easily be answered here.

No problem with that.

Then I got told off for an answer I gave- still don't know why, as the
relevant posts have disapeared.

The groups.google.com website archives all posts to newsgroups.

Maybe it was because I posted the source of my info, a british travel site,
I understand now you don't allow advertising, However if its relevant to the
post/answer, then why not?

If someone who is not affiliated with the site posts it, it's OK with
me. My concern is getting too many posts from web site owners just to
get hits on their site as they get paid for each one. My feeling is
that if they wanted info from a web site, they would do a web search
and find it.

--
David Bath - Moderator for rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive