Old December 26th, 2004, 10:46 AM
Sandy Cruden

wrote in message
oups.com...
Sunday, 26 December, 2004, 09:51 GMT
I live on the 25th floor of a seemingly well constructed 31 floor
building, next to the British embassy.

But the shaking was tremendous.

All staff ran out immediately of the building

My first thought was, that someone came into my room, because I heard
some noise, sounded like somebody broke into my room.

Then I thought I was dreaming, because the floor was moving.

Then I started to realise what was going on and stepped outside my door
to see what other residents were doing.

I saw nobody. Normally the housekeeping staff would be cleaning and I
thought I heard them screaming and leaving the building.

I told my girlfriend to get dressed and we ran down the stairs, all 25
floors.
Marcel Emmeneger, Bangkok

Jarern Krung Pracharat hospital in Bangkok has reported structural cracks