Old April 20th, 2005, 05:00 PM
jcoulter

"irishtraveller" wrote in
lkabouttravelling.com:

Greetings, in the month of June me and 3 friends are planning on going
on a trip to eastern europe. Roughly, the route we're planning on
doing is, flying from Dublin to Stanstead, then from Stanstead to Brno
(with Ryanair). From there, a train to Krakow, then to Warsaw. From
there, to Belarus (Brest - Minsk), then to Moscow via Smolensk, after
that to St. Petersburg. The final leg of the trip will be from there
to Tallinn in Estonia and finally on to Riga in Latvia, where can fly
back to London Stanstead. Ideally we'd like to spend not much more
than 4 weeks away. Does this route seem reasonable, are there any
places i'd be advised not to visit due to safety issues and what not.
Also, i can't seem to find much information on train prices so i don't
know how much it is all going to cost. If you have any advise
regarding any part of this trip, please respond.

other than possible visa problems in Russia (don't recall their EU stand
these days) They can be incredibly stuck in the cold war in regard to
travel