Old May 26th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Just Dickie

Default Passport Question???

Greetings All,

This is a first time post to this group.

Just curious, I am a US citizen that will be applying for a first passport
tomorrow or next Tuesday. I am going to pay for the expedited service
($60.00 extra) which is supposed to hurry my passport back to me within 2
weeks. I am only 5.5 hours away from the Chicago office where I was told by
the US Passport hotline my application would be going. Is it going to take
the entire 2 weeks to get my passport back? Is the passport office kind of
hit and miss as far as sticking to their estimated return times? I have
talked to some people who have not even paid the expedition fees and
received their passport back in less than a week and even a couple people
that paid the the expedition fees and it took a month or so to get it.

Does anyone know of a quicker way to get a passport without paying insane
charges to some 3rd party company???

Thanks In Advance, Just Dickie