Old September 16th, 2010, 07:36 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Király[_1_]

Default traveling from San Diego to Mexico

GV wrote:
I'd say it was pretty safe in the 1990's, especially during the day. In the
early 90's my ex-wife, her parents, and I used to drive down to the border,
park on the U.S. side, and walk over to downtown TJ! No problems at all!

I visited Tijuana when I was 15, in 1990. I was on a school trip with
other 14 and 15 year olds. We crossed into Mexico as a big group, and
then our teachers turned us loose. "Stay in groups of three or more,
don't wander down any dark alleys or get too far away from the tourist
zone. Meet back here in four hours."

That was it. Nobody got into any trouble.

--
K.

Lang may your lum reek.