Old July 12th, 2004, 03:25 AM
PTRAVEL

Default Laptop checking in airports

curious wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 01:33:38 GMT, "PTRAVEL" wrote:
You haven't seen this in the US, or at least not since post-9/11 random

gate
checks were stopped over a year ago. I've also never seen this in Europe

or
Asia.

This happened within the last year, at either a USA or European airport.

I'm
sorry I don't remember which, as I have done a fair amount of flying in

the
last year.

You were stopped at the gate and asked to turn on your laptop? Sorry, but I
don't believe it was in the US -- random gate checks are all but eliminated
here.

And I certainly don't believe anyone stuck a USB drive into your computer.
That was never done in the US.