Old September 10th, 2003, 04:14 PM

Default Cheap place to stay in Hong Kong?

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 12:07:41 GMT, (Hallvard
Tangeraas) wrote:

Are there cheap places to stay in Hong Kong? Preferrably clean and safe
as well, but I don't need anything luxerious.
Are there youth hostels there?

I'm going to be there around December 2003/January 2004.

Hallvard

Well, I am sitting in Hong Kong right now, so I'll give you an answer.
I don't know about youth hostels here, but you could check with your
local youth hostel organization and they could tell you. But right
now, things are very cheap by Hong Kong standards because of the
aftermatg of the SARS affair, even though it is long over. So much so
that they have lightened the regulations to let more mainlanders in
just to get some business, so you can get a good deal. The YMCAs are
particularly good here, so you can also try them. You don't say what
price range you are looking for, so try
www.asiatravel.com They are
very good and reliable and you can also check individual hotel sites
for special deals as well, which is what I did.