Old April 20th, 2005, 07:31 PM
tile

First of
in all the countries of the EU you do not need any visa
you need a visa though for Belarus and Russia.
forn info on Baltic countries pls go to
www.inyourpocket.com

www.rigathisweek.lv

you will find a lot of info.

In the baltic states there are no international trains almost.

you move by bus
mainly eurolines

www.eurolines.com

pls check. but bus might be convenient for you even in other countries you
are going to visit..
both for prices and times required.

are you sure there is an airport in BRNO ??

pls note there is a local low cost in Slovakia
called skyeurope

www.skyeurope.com

and you might find good prices and good routes too.
hope having been of help
"irishtraveller" ha scritto nel messaggio
lkabouttravelling.com...
Greetings, in the month of June me and 3 friends are planning on going on
trip to eastern europe. Roughly, the route we're planning on doing is,
flying from Dublin to Stanstead, then from Stanstead to Brno (with
Ryanair). From there, a train to Krakow, then to Warsaw. From there, to
Belarus (Brest - Minsk), then to Moscow via Smolensk, after that to St.
Petersburg. The final leg of the trip will be from there to Tallinn in
Estonia and finally on to Riga in Latvia, where can fly back to London
Stanstead. Ideally we'd like to spend not much more than 4 weeks away.
Does this route seem reasonable, are there any places i'd be advised not
to visit due to safety issues and what not. Also, i can't seem to find
much information on train prices so i don't know how much it is all going
to cost. If you have any advise regarding any part of this trip, please
respond.