Old August 23rd, 2006, 07:38 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
B Vaughan

Default Bilingual in Europe versus USA

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 18:03:57 +0200, Giovanni Drogo
wrote:

Outside of such context bilingual may mean "any two parental tongues"
(for instance my god-daughter is bilingual in German by father and
Italian by mother ... she used to speak also some Swedish when she lived
there, but maybe she forgot growing up), or generally "any two
languages".

An American friend has a 2-year-old grandson whose father is Spanish.
They're trying to raise this little boy to be bilingual. He generally
speaks English to his mother and Spanish to his father. My friend once
heard him ask his mother for "agua" and then correct it to "water".

--
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it