Old August 15th, 2006, 11:39 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Sapphyre

Default Driving cross country with expired tags - how to avoid police?

My gosh, I can't believe this is still going on after how many weeks???

You can have your standards, but you will find every single place in
life, there are few people who live up to them, and fewer who will go
the extra mile.

You come across as one of those cranky customers I have that are upset
that there isn't a pop-up robot clerk waiting for them, and get upset
that you waited an extra 30 seconds to pay for your newspaper because,
*gasp*, I may have had to clean up a mess made by the slob in front of
you!!

Sad is at may be, if you just looked out for excellence in life instead
of setting the bar, you might find people impress you a whole lot
more. And someone like you may not be overly impressed with my
spelling and grammar in English (even though it's not my native
tongue), but when you shop around at stores, you might actually think
I'm the **good clerk** and keep coming back to my store because I
**care** about my job. I do not **care** about posting on Usenet. It's
an anonymous forum to casually exchange information, and while I make
an effort to spell, punctuate, and write properly, I am not perfect,
nor do I ever want to be perfect.

This kind of crap is exactly the reason I don't really feel like
posting here anymore. If I so much as put a comma in the wrong place, I
get this vision that someone's going to knock me down a notch for it
rather than read the question and give me an answer of sorts.

Besides, I thought this was the USA & Canada travel forum, not "learn
to improve your English."

There, I said it. And it's been burning me up for weeks watching this
thread go on. That being said, I'm going back to doing my net searching
on attractions and compiling travel links for my Yahoo! group.

S.

On 2006-08-09 22:43:07 -0400, "Alohacyberian" said:

*Sigh!* No, you aren't going to be able to get people who post in this
Usenet newsgroup to live up to the standards you set for them, so you
might as well give it up. You come off as someone who is grossly
overweight and wants to throw her weight around. Instead of ordering
people around on the Usenet, just eat a couple extra desserts. KM

I really don't give a **** what you, or anyone else, thinks of my
standards. They ARE my standards, and anyone who ever went to school
should have standards not far short of them. If you or anyone else
doesn't like it, go perform an impossible act.