Old November 8th, 2006, 02:20 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee[_2_]

Default First cruise - CARIBBEAN - questions

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

"Ermalee" wrote in message

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

"Charles" wrote in message
alid...

I am one who does not think RCI food is that bad. I think it is getting
better. And I think Celebrity food is getting worse. I think the food
on both is close. Honestly I was happier with the food on Crown
Princess than the food on Zenith or Mariner of the Seas.....

--
Charles

I agree, Charles, I saw nothing on Celebrity that was as good as what we
had on the Crown Princess.
We felt that the Carnival Conquest had the best food until we took the
Crown Princess this past August.
The Conquest has moved to the #2 spot as far as the quality of food since
we took her just this past week. The food on the Conquest did not seem to
be as good as the last time we took her, but she still had better food
than the Celebrity ships, Zenith, Infinity and Mercury.
The Crown Princess is # 1 in my book as far as food, service and friendly
staff. The ship itself is also very beautiful. A ship of any mainstream
cruise line will REALLY have to work hard to surpass the Crown Princess
experience we had on August 25th!

--Jean

OOOPS, watch out what you say about the food on Zenith. I have been on
this ship very recently and the food is by far, the best cruise food that
we've had in 35 cruises. I have to agree that the Conquest (last year)
had better food than the Mercury (this year). I will be sorry when we can
no longer cruise on the Zenith. Fantastic ship!

Ermalee ---still prefers home cookin' :-)

If I had not been on the Zenith in 2003, I would not have been able to
compare, Erm. That is unless she has improved food wise since. You will
have to experience the food on the Crown Princess to really judge fairly
now!... ;-) Of the 34 cruises that we have taken, the Crown Princess still
holds the #1 spot in food, service, cleanliness, decor and beauty for us!

--Jean

But Jean, you do have to admit that 2003 was three years ago, don't you?
LOL. I would be willing to put the food on the old, old Zenith up
against the food on the brand new shiny Crown or any other ship. It was
darn good in October of THIS YEAR. :-)

Ermalee

Ermalee