Old July 13th, 2009, 12:01 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Dirk[_2_]

Default Cape Verde (Sal) info sought

Hi

My wife and I are holidaying in early September in Cape Verde (Sal) -
Clubhotel Riu Funana.

Looking for some recent experience - we're all-inclusive in the hotel, but
like to get out and see more of our surroundings.

- Are there any ATMs in the hotels or the village (Santa Maria)?
- Is there a bus or taxi service hotel-village?
- How did people find food & drink prices in the village?
- Is the Euro readily accepted in the village/elsewhere?
- Is it worth taking our mobile phones (Vodafone network in UK)
- Has anyone changed/upgrade their room on arrival? How easy? How much?

We’d be very grateful for any info or tips people found useful!

TIA

Flynn