Old April 16th, 2004, 05:34 PM
Grey Wolf

Default Our Voyager Of The Seas trip (4/4/04) (VERY LONG)

On 15 Apr 2004 22:09:19 GMT, (Lunyma) wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to write such a thorough trip report. This was
obviously your first cruise, and I think you made the best of it, but I also
think that next time (and there WILL be a next time), you will probably do a
little more research for your pre/post hotel, and cruise excursions. All in
all, it sounds like you had a wonderful time. I just think you could have
saved a few bucks along the way...

Pam

You're right, it was my first time and I did waste a lot of money. I
did miss out on one excursion that I had paid for, and of course the
exorbiant hotel prices.
Speaking of hotels, I had originally booked at the Holiday Inn on
Biscayne (in Miami) which was very close to the pier... but a friend
of ours who had come back from their first cruise on Carnival said
that the hotel was in a bad part of town and they were afraid to go
out. So Karen talked to her TA, who happened to be from Miami, and he
recommended the Hilton Airport. She called them up, and they offered
her a deal that was only a little bit more expensive, and so she took
it, and I cancelled my Holiday Inn reservations. Little did we know
that there was more to consider besides just hotel service. The rest
is history.

All in all, after I finish paying off my credit card, I will be ready
to go again, hopefully even smarter!

Also, I re-read my post and noticed that in one section I talked about
going to the dining room to change into shorts. HA HA! This was not
the case... I meant "we went to the cabin to change". I repeat, we
did not change in the dining room. :-)

David