Old July 16th, 2005, 07:05 PM

Hans-Georg Michna wrote:
On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:36:14 +0100, JohnM
wrote:

In article , Hans-Georg
Michna writes

One of the problems is insecurity, and that will be your biggest
problem, I guess. Most urgently you need a safe place to stay,
after you arrive.

From what I hear you also need bodyguards to walk about. They are very
cheap apparently. They have guns and act as a deterrent. I suggest you
contact someone from Nairobi - stray a few days there and find out
someone.

I think it may be wiser to use a bodyguard with local knowledge.
Perhaps all you need is just a clever guide, rather than a
bodyguard. But then I can't be sure, haven't been to Mogadishu.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.

Where is Somalia are you going?

You can always catch a flight from Dubai.

Somaliland is save. Dubai to Hargeisa is around $300.

Good luck.