Old April 9th, 2009, 05:05 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,soc.culture.italian,rec.travel.europe
sf[_3_]

Default Now talking French [Was: What makes Italian food so unique and compelling ?]

On Thu, 09 Apr 2009 13:08:18 GMT, (Phred)
wrote:

In article , hackamore wrote:
[snip]
I look like every other hairy little Frenchman...

Did you see the pic of the Frog President at the recent G20 gab fest?

One of our local sleezy tabloids had a lovely shot of what's-his-name
and his glamorous wife with the Obamas. The Pres was standing on
tippy toes to add an inch or two to his height.

[Speaking of height, Obama has continued the *long* tradition of the
tallest candidate winning the US election. While not meaning to cast
nasturtiums on Barack, the rest of us would really like to know why
you Yanks so consistently equate length with competence? ;-0]

He doesn't look very tall on television.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.