Old July 30th, 2004, 07:16 PM
CLK

Default Visiting Canun's Moon Palace

HAving never to have been "hijacked", how do they physically keep you in
their room? Why you simply walk away. Were you under any physical threat?
Why didn't you simply do something? Help me understand.

"Jim" wrote in message
Cletus, I don't know when you and your roommate had this experience
but my wife and I had the exact same experience earlier this year
(2004), except we were 'hijacked' at the airport by one of their
drones.

We had a nice, easy week planned elsewhere but fell victim to their
spiel. We were told by someone we thought worked at the airport
(they were behind one of the airport counters, badge and all) that if
we went to see this 'new' Palace Resort (we later found out it was a
couple of years old) we could get 4 tourist tours for free ($50
deposit required) instead of the $280 list price. I guess we thought
it was a government (Mexico) kind of way to get tourists to take a
closer look at their country.

As we hadn't made any specific plans, we thought this would be a good
deal. All we had to to was 'look' at the property. We asked if it
was a timeshare and were told no (found out it's a 'charter'
membership). We asked if we would have to sit through any
presentations and we were told no.

When we got there the next morning and found out we would have to go
through a presentation but it was only about 'an hour or so', we
agreed.

No need to go into the gory details as they pretty much mimic yours.
If my children ever find out I fell for this scam, they would never
let me forget it. DAD! How could you be so stupid?!?

WARNING: the Palace Premier corporation (Palace Resorts) and their
'charter memberships' are hazardous to your wealth!

I'm amazed the government of Mexico/Cancun would allow such hucksters
to operate at the airport and if this 'dispute' gets to the courts, I
will definitely be involving the Mexico/Cancun government and the US
State Department in this whole affair.

P.S. It was our first trip to Mexico.

P.P.S. It was our LAST TRIP TO MEXICO!