Old March 16th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Hans-Georg Michna

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 20:55:39 GMT, Liz
wrote:

Maybe Lamu would suit you better?
Someone else will have to advise, since I haven't been to Lamu (yet).
I know Hans Georg has been and likes it, but you'd maybe have to start a
Lamu thread: he doesn't usually post to Tanzania subject lines.

Liz, Elliott,

yes, reading this thread I already thought of Lamu where you can
actually sit in small street restaurants.

Elliot, I think you could like Lamu. It is a town on an island
off the shore of Kenya.

Usually people visiting Kenya go on safari, i.e. move through a
few quite luxurious lodges in nature reserves and drive out in
the mornings and afternoons to see lions and some other animals.
In between some drop into Lamu to spend a few days there. I've
done that too, repeatedly. It's nice.

This makes for a somewhat expensive, but certainly thrilling and
also relaxing vacation.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.